Summary of Job Responsibilities
This outside sales position is primarily responsible to build and increase sales in their designated region. The position will also be responsible for successfully achieving and/or exceeding sales budget/projections in the respected territory. The position will be managing all elements of their assigned regional territory to meet/exceed territory goals, partner with current customers to help grow their business, and establish new business with customers within the retail market.
- Maintains and grows a sales pipeline across all designated product categories and territories
- Identifies customer needs and creates viable value propositions to prospective and existing accounts utilizing company’s entire product portfolio
- Expands market share and presence in territory
- Serves as the lead point of contact for top customers in territory
- Develops, implements and maintains strategic sales plans for their assigned territory
- Maintains an understanding of the retail industry, relative products, and competitors
- Identifies new opportunities for existing customer growth, works with customers developing and implementing new and additional programs
- Trains customers on product specifications, materials, online tools, and product installation.
- Maintains relationships with key decision makers to understand customer’s long term business strategies
- Identifies additional key decision makers in a customer’s organization and cultivates new relationships and sales opportunities
- Maintains an in-person presence in the market, visiting customers, prospects, and job sites
- Uses data and analytics to drive decision making
- Gathers marketing intelligence for the territory including: pricing, delivery, and product specifications
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by manager
- Explores and pursues new leads via traditional and non-traditional markets
- Ability to maintain a professional presence with all customers, vendors, fellow colleagues and management
- Minimum of three years of proven field sales success in meeting and/or exceeding sales quotas
- Ability to recognize and identify areas for improvement.
- Must be able to read and comprehend technical product drawings
- Ability to adapt to change and take proactive approach.
- Ability and willingness to work necessary hours to achieve high standards
- Knowledge and experience reading floor plans
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience working with design and architecture a plus
- Ability to maintain multiple projects at any given time
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams etc.
Remote position + Travel up to 50%
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least 5 years of experience in a professional sales position
- Bachelor’s degree in relative field preferred and/or equivalent job experience